Sister and I are weaving together an overseas trip midsummer when we'll fly together to Marseille for a tour in Provence. When the tour is over, I'll be staying in Provence for a week of French language school and Sister will fly off to join Husband elsewhere in Europe. Afterward, she and I will reunite in Paris to fly home on our round-trip tickets.
|Café in Sault|
I've been waiting to hear from the language school to confirm some irregular arrangements we've made (what if they decided they don't want me?). I was also waiting to hear from the B&B we're staying at on arrival in Marseille the first night about whether they could accommodate me the night before I fly from Marseille to Paris at the end. Language school, yes. B&B, no. Because, as it turns out, we're flying home on a French holiday and the B&B is already booked that night before.
|Salade Niçoise at café in Vaison la Romaine|
I have a referral but I hope I haven't blown my chances by sending a to-the-point, direct American inquiry without all the very polite language the French use even in their business communications.
So, given this French holiday stuff, will I be able to get a place to stay in Marseille that last night? A train to Marseille to start with? Transportation from the train to the place? Transportation from the place to the airport on the holiday?
I'm staying at a hotel during language school that's waiting to hear from me which day I plan to depart, lo! these many weeks since I first reserved. Concerned for their holiday possibilities, I'm sure.
People keep telling me that I'm so brave to plan this stuff and go off on my own. I keep thinking I'm a late bloomer.
|At Saint Paul de Mausole in St-Rémy de Provence|
(I love that they've parked their bikes
under the falling rocks sign)
See you tomorrow.